Baby won't we fight?

He was staring at me as though I had grown an extra head
The confusion very much visible on his face
'what did you say?' he asked
'I said Baby won't we fight' I slowly repeated
Hubby dumped the clothes he was holding on the bed and sat next to me
'I don't get it, why do you want a fight?'
Of course! He won't get it. Why are men slow like this? I wondered
'Baby, it's over 6months since we got married and I was told that the first few months as a couple isn't always so rosy because of personal differences, as the couple would be trying to understand each other and all but in our case we've never even argued over anything. Is it normal?' I explained
He gave me the most bewildered look ever while asking ' who's authority are you citing?'
'Na wa oh, this thing is general knowledge. Ask older couples around'.
My Darling husband fell back on the bed, had himself a good laugh till tears spilled down his cheeks
'Brown sugar, you're such a sweetheart. Anyway, our marriage would not be predicated on societal dictates, fallacies or expectations, we'd build our home on God, our love for each other and our own choices one day at a time. There's actually no hard and fast rule to this marriage thing' he said
With a glint in his eyes 
'Actually since you're rooting for a fight why don't we get down to it' and he held me.
Nine months later as we welcomed our first child he said 'See the wonderful gift fighting has given me? Hmmmm I love it. Please Baby don't ever stop fighting with me.
So dear couples by all means,whatever you do, never you forget to fight the good fight today. E get why!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!