Vulnerable me

Just like everyone I knew 
I wanted it
To love and be loved
To have a family I could come back to after facing the world outside
But circumstances taught me otherwise
I had suffered enough deception and heartbreak to last me a lifetime

I found peace when I decided love wasn't for me alright
The Love Cupid seemed to have lost some people's address

It was business as usual to me when I met Laura
But with time I found that I had fallen in love with her
With all the defences I put around my heart
Love broke through
And then came the fears of yesterday

With love came vulnerability
But I had been burnt 
I sure wasn't ready for that 
Heartbreaks had taught me to be tough and opening up I believed made one weak

6 years into marriage to my beautiful Laura
Today I can say that you've got to open your heart for love to come in
Yes, with love comes vulnerability but therein also lies your greatest strength
The strength of two becoming one
The strength in knowing you're not alone
The strength to trust that there's someone who's got you

Don't let the heartbreak of yesterday Rob you of the beauty in store for you today.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!