Egugun on our matter

The month of December brings to mind all the past experiences and the excitement of those to come

As is customary of almost every Igbo family, mine not being an exception, we always traveled to the village to spend the Christmas as well as new year

This period is always marked with alot of merriments, meeting with extended families and friends after a long time, different varieties of meals, visitation with hopes of getting cash gifts from big Uncles and Aunties and lots more of precious funny memories are made

One of such memories happened when my cousin and I decided to visit to town's square
Just like myself, Blessing and her parents visited only during the Festive periods
So that beautiful day as a way of exploring we decided to visit the town's square to enjoy the dancing and other activities that took place there 

We had barely gotten there when someone gave a loud scream and then some chanting 
So many people took to their heels but before we could understand what was happening and organize ourselves, right in front of us stood this huge masquerade

Of course it was so obvious we were one of those city children who just came home
Ohhhhhhh we were crying and screaming at the top of our lungs begging for mercy with the hope that the long scary canes of the masquerade wouldn't grace our bodies

And just like lightning Blessing took off leaving her slippers behind
How could she?
I had a glimpse of what it must've felt like when Judas betrayed Jesus
Hmmmmmmm that was how this city girl wet herself oh
I parted with all the currencies on me before the masquerade and his disciples let me be

To think we catwalked to the town's square as two hot teenagers with our bodies glistering from the Vaseline we bathed our legs with and our Tony Montana faces
Well, let's just say from that day going forward, the minute I hear any funny sound in the village, I don't even wait to find out.
Once beaten...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!