Joys of motherhood!!!

Heyyyyyyy God
It's 11days to Christmas
But I can feel the excitement sipping through my pores
Right now I'm more than prepared for the day to come

The Christmas and new year celebrations were times we joyfully anticipated as a kid
Because 2-3,months before December my Parents would take my siblings and I shopping for our clothes for the festivities

Mum usually took measurement of our feets with broomsticks so as to shop for our shoes
And the trademark was that everything was always oversized
And they'd always brainwash us with the lines that we were growing up very fast and we would grow into our wears by December

Ohhhhh how could we ever forget the signature rubber glasses and wristwatch
And our koi-koi shoes with white stockings
It always seemed 25th December was light years away
By the 24th we would've lost sleep and all in a bid to wear our new outfits

Now to the most beautiful part which was dressing up and visiting Uncles, Aunties, neighbours and we were gifted snacks, drinks and most importantly, money even from those who visited our homes

As good kids we'd always show our gifts to our parents and sweet mummy was the custodian of all the cash we were gifted.
She'd promise to keep it safe for us and give it back to us whenever we needed to buy something important or at the resumption of school.

Well, it always ended in premium tears because mum always had a long list of what your money was spent on and she'd  crowned it with 'All these things we bought, the food you've been eating and the clothes you're wearing, where did you think I got the money from?'

We'd cry and vow not to give her again
But by next year, we'd be repeating the same circle.
Round and round we went until we all grew older and wiser
With 5 kids, I'm sure my mum sang praises whenever it was Christmas

Many years later as a mum, I'm beginning to feel her kinda excitement
God being so kind I've been blessed with two kids and you know what that means
It's gonna be raining pounds and Sterling in my pocket this Christmas and we'd be beginning with our very own father Christmas (hubby)

Finally I get to start enjoying the fruits of my labour?
Wonderful God!
Joys of motherhood it really is

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!