Parenting Me

Mummy, Baby girl poured water
She poured water on the floor screamed D
That was my son reporting his younger sister again

It had been a very long day and D had been such a handful
So at some point I decided the best punishment was to act like I wasn't giving him attention

So no matter what he did or how much he tried talking with me, I pretended not hearing or caring.
It was the biggest punishment, hence he devised his own plans, which was reporting his sister for everything imaginable

It was funny and an eye opener how much our attention means to our kids.
Let's suppose this was the constant for the kids at home
This is one of the ways we breed sibling rivalry

As parents we owe it to our kids not to make one feel more important or one less favoured
To create and raise them to know that they are all loved and special
An environment that accepts their different personalities without any form of pressure to make anyone feel he or she has to be a certain way or do certain things to gain our approval
An environment that encourages them as siblings to grow and bond

We owe our kids love unconditional

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!