Who dey owe me?

Our generation is plaques with people who have a deep sense of entitlement
Entitlement to other people's time, properties, money, attention, the list is endless
They just can't seem to understand why the minute they call you haven't started running helter sketter to do their bidding
They are very quick to label the other a bad or wicked person for saying No at any point or not being swift in response
Yet they'd never raise a finger for you when you need them

Met up with a cousin of mine awhile back and we got talking
I asked why he put his master's degree program on hold and he told with so much vexation that he went to meet a certain Uncle of ours who happened to be the permanent secretary to our state Governor at the time, for financial assistance to pay his fees but the man turned his request down.
This cousin of mine was so bitter, rained curses and called our Uncle all sorts of names.
I cut him short and began asking him questions
I come from a very large extended family and I know for a fact that this our Uncle has alot of my cousins on his payroll. Some for scholarship, others for one project or the other and my cousin has at some point being a recipient of his givings.
So I asked him
-The school you're going to whose life are you making better? 
Yours
- Have you benefitted from our Uncle in the past?
Yes
-Do you know the challenges he's facing at the moment that made him turn you down?
No
-Must Uncle be the one to pay your fees?
What happened to you fending for yourself?
You don't know how he got to where he is today, you've never given him even a cup of water but you're mad at him for refusing your request. Why not get inspired by that and strive to come out strong. 
Channel that anger into being successful and when you become big tomorrow you too can choose who and who to help as well 

Of course my position didn't sit well with my cousin
And that's how it also goes for every entitled person
Nothing done to or for them can ever be enough 

As we step into 2022, let's include killing the spirit of entitlement in our new year resolution, strive hard for the success we seek and we'd be better off.

I come in peacešŸ¤·

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!