Check am oh!

I had always prided myself as a good person
Never wished anyone bad or tried to hurt anyone
I did my best to leave be in love and peace with everyone around
Help and support those I could
Basically according to my count and from the attestation of those who I've had the opportunity to relate with my moral compass status was upright

And then it happened

I was scrolling through my Facebook account and reading posts when I came across her pictures
Pre-wedding pictures to be specific
We used to be close friends back in our Secondary School days, a clique of five, however we kinda just drifted apart as life happened to all of us

Stumbling on her pictures brought a rollercoaster of emotions from happiness and gradually I got to jealousy, an emotion I never knew I was capable of showing especially for a friend, not to mention it's been a long long time we were in communication

Somehow I caught myself in the act
Why was I jealous? 
She had done nothing to me but upload her pictures
However those pictures were a reminder of my present challenges
I was having issues with my relationship, I thought we would've walked down the isle by this time but we were more like contemplating going our separate ways
Her pictures therefore seemed like life was happening for everyone except me

Then I sat down and reprogrammed my mind
1. It wasn't her fault my relationship was the way it was so no point being jealous
2. It was probably not my time and when it finally is my own happiness will also be full
3. It was ok to be jealous in the sense that you wish for same in a healthy way not to act upon that negatively or grow into hating
I gradually got over it and happily wished my friend the best of the best and same year I also got my happily ever after

We at one point or the other have seen people or situations that represents everything we want sometimes we get so sad and wonder why it's not happening for us even with our best efforts, other times we find ourselves jealous
Do not give room for negativity to take root in your heart
Wish them well,Wait for your timing
The fact that it's morning in U.S.A and night in Nigeria does not mean morning won't come in Nigeria
When your morning comes, the struggles and sorrows of your today would become a fleeting history
Stay strong
Stay positive!



Comments

  1. Peter Ifeanyi sha dey ahead of USA for time.... joke of the century.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!