Mummy on strike!

Fay: It can't be that hard na. Babysitting two adorable toddlers. Na to just on cartoon for them till you return.
Sis don't worry, Uncle Fay got this covered!

Hubby had gone on one of those long trips
I was left with the two musketeers
Screaming, running, climbing
The customary crying, fighting and mediating 
Then the feeding ... My kids although just two, each have their peculiar choice of food and how they want it
The boy loves been fed, the girl doesn't
The boy loves spicy meals, the girl doesn't
The girl loves tea and bread, the boy loves to drink cereal..
On and on it goes, the list is just endless

Out of the blues my younger brother called. He was coming over to spend a few days with us.
Hallelujah! God of miracles!
Three days alone with the kids, I was already worm out and looking for any form of assistance or better still few minutes of escape

Upon his arrival I asked him to watch the kids while I go buy a few things from the market
I blew kisses in the air to the heavens when he agreed and left home as fast as my legs could carry me

Straightway I landed in Chicken Republic
Ordered everything my soul desired because the  break I needed was from deep within my soul to my body
Right now i wasn't sneaking behind a door to eat so i indulged in a foodfest

I had barely finished my ice cream when the first call came in
Fay: Sis D is crying oh doesn't want to eat his rice
Me: You didn't put enough stew. He loves alot of stew

3 minutes later another call
Me: She won't eat it, put very little stew for her.

10 minutes later I had answered over 7 calls.
By the 20th minute I just let the phone ring
Mummy is officially on strike oh
I let the food heal me, and spread my arms wide for the AC to blow some cool reset into my system

An hour into my escape, 9 SMS, 7 voice notes, 6 missed calls and I was having a great laugh
On my return 20minutes later my brother was looking like he was involved in a freak accident, praised me for all I did and swore never to be left alone with the kids again

Hahahhahaa
Say a kind word to that Mummy next to you.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!