Pride goes before a fall

I volunteered to make the meal for the day
 After our first Home Economic class I thought I was ready to take over the kitchen with my wonder cooking skills.
Rice and stew? The meal was an easy one or so I thought.
The mission was simple; give them an  unforgettable experience;Ohhhh I sure did.

And so the cooking began
Of course you put water on fire, add rice allow to parboil, rinse and put it back on fire for the final cooking
I successfully made rice pudding 
The stew, I put the blended tomato on fire, added oil, water, maggi, salt and kept wondering what was taking it so long to come out as my mum's 
Did I ask for help? No ohhhh, I kept at it
Maybe a little more spicing and seasoning would do the trick 
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha village people were having a field day watching me from the mirror and having a good laugh

The best course of action would've been to eat the humble pie after all my bragging and ask for help right? But nooooo Chi didn't 
I thought it was cooking was summed up in those  5seconds we walk into the kitchen to ask mum if the food was ready and watched her adding the finishing touches to the food.

Hmmmmmmm many years later and I'm yet to outlive the nightmare I prepared in the name of a meal which would've been averted by a simple call for help or humble enough to ask for simple guidance. 
Of course I got enrolled in Mummy's kitchen under strict supervision. 
I learnt and unlearnt and today the kitchen is my play field.

There's nothing wrong in asking questions or swallowing our pride to learn and get what we need even if it's from those we supposedly do not get along with
There's a saying that goes thus 'A person who asks questions never gets lost'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!