TOASTING GONE WRONG


 Woke up this morning to hubby's voice as he serenaded me

His every word was smooth and silky as it rained down endlessly on me

From my head to toe, it was pure magic in letters

His baritone voice spiced it all up

And looking at my tall glass of chocolate awesomeness as he beautifully sang off-key those words of love sent a shiver to my body and butterflies to my belly

A girl could get used to waking up this way every morning

How did I get so lucky?


As I listened to his passionate rendition my mind went back memory lane to when I had just graduated High school

I had begun budding into this beautiful young lady and as is the norm I had countless admirers make advances left right and centre but one stood out

Derrick was a cool guy living in my neighborhood

He had tried on several occasions to gain my attention all to no avail as I personally detested standing on the street to talk to guys besides in our days any young lady seen that way with a guy was tagged loose. That further cemented my decision never to be found talking on the street

Loverboy therefore resorted to sending me a love letter and part of it read

   "Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold thou art fair; 

  thou hast doves' eyes within thy locks: 

  thy hair is as a flock of goats, that appear from mount Gilead.

  Thy teeth are like a flock of sheep that are even shorn, which came up from the washing;

   whereof every one bears twins, and none is barren..."


The further I read, the angrier I became

And so I stormed his family house banging on his door and proceeded to give him the warning of his life

How dare he? I thought

After looking at me from head to toe he compared my hair to a goat's and my teeth to sheep's? that was definitely unforgivable

Oh I rained down the heavens on him

My little teenage mind didn't know he was only admiring me and as a pastor's kid, he decided to consult the Bible for help.


Many years later I'm lying here grinning from ear to ear listening to hubby bamboozle me with words.

Thank God for maturity oh.


  






 had

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!