MR ALWAYS RIGHT


 The last time someone made a suggestion that seemed contrary to that of Oga Boss, he saw it as a personal affront by the staff, gave him a hot tongue lashing and rounded it up with slashing everyone’s salary with the excuse that if one person could have an opinion opposing him, then other staffs were in on it as well

Slowly the staffs withdrew from making input whenever meetings were held and even if anyone had something to say, it would be to praise the Boss’s ideas or views even when they knew it had loopholes. The business gradually started recording losses and by the fourth month, it had gotten so significant that the business was struggling to keep up with the basic logistics to keep it afloat

How do you handle constructive criticisms or corrections? How receptive are you of persons whose opinions and views do not align with yours? How about someone saying ‘I know a better way we can get this done’. Does it irk you out and make you see it as a personal challenge or does it inspire you to think up even better ways?

In the course of discussing with a friend who’s a very good with researcher with so many local and international publications under his belt, he said ‘The first time my research work for publication was rejected, I felt so sad and down that I just stopped. It took awhile, but I got back again in the game, took the corrections the journal made and effected it on my work. Overtime I came to realize that those rejections worked in my favour because after effecting those corrections I sent out my work to very big international journals and they’ve hardly turned me down’

Normalize taking corrections and keeping your mind open to constructive criticism or differences with views that don’t align with yours; in the end, it only makes for a better you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!