You must be a Doctor!


'I wanted to be a Doctor but my parents refused to train me so i decided that one of my child must do medicine and i will train my children to the highest level. They will all go to university. My first son Tom, will study medicine, his sister Blessing, will be a Teacher, my other two children will read Law and Engineering. They will not suffer what i suffered'

Does the above statement sound familiar?
Elders have been living vicariously through younger ones most especially parents who feel a certain way that they were probably robbed of time or the opportunity hence theirs kids would have to fit into those roles they would've wanted for themselves. 
This goes without thought to how these decisions would affect their kids, the emotional  and psychological pressure it places on them to live for others
That's why you see persons repeating and repeating in the university with carryovers unend, or failing out from one course to another, some pay and scheme their way through all in a bid to make their loved ones happy

That child you want to force to become an Astronaut abi Pilot, have you sat down to observe him? Character, likes, dislikes.....
The one you want to become Army so that nobody will oppress your family again have you thought of loosing that child to the government, to war, or harzards?

My child can never be an Actor!
You say you want to be what? Singer? Footballer? This family is a family of Bankers and you too will be one.
Abeg check how much Messi earns and come back let's discuss again
Find what your kids have passion for and help them grow in it and you surely won't regret it.

Comments

  1. One can't over emphasise this. Kids are unique, learn them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!