Fi mi sile!

Jogged
Skipped
Waist trained
Skipped meals
Drank different teas and herbs
Still didn't loose weight.

Ulcer set in
Began tilting towards depression
A year and several months into having my baby girl and i couldn't bring myself to take a picture of me, not to mention one with my darling baby
Until one day hubby snapped. He sat me down and talked with me
I had my second baby through CS again just like we wanted but this time things were different as the site got infected. I battled this for months, not to mention my baby didn't like me breast feeding her, she preferred the feeding bottle and so i wasn't lactating well, therefore expressing for her was an issue. This meant she was always hungry, translating into alot of crying. For a mom whose first baby was exclusively breastfed, my mind didn't go towards supplementary feeding and as a result of my baby's constant crying and my inability to feed her properly, i felt like a failure, added to the feeling of self pity, not seeing myself as beautiful anymore...
It was a period spent trying to regain my health  and maintain my sanity. Who was thinking weightloss?

By the end of my time talking with hubby i  realized the love, attraction and admiration i had always seen in his eyes hadn't weavered a bit irrespective of the physical changes from having two kids, i began to be more appreciative of the fact that my babyand i were alive and well than spend time body shaming myself and crying over nothing really important.

You had seven kids and look under 16? Congratulations
The other woman has just one and is now round, infact, she started looking like a young elephant from pregnancy days? Let her be
Life happens to all of us differently 
And what's most important is the health and wellbeing of mother and child
The society pressures women to look certain ways but the harsh truth is this is unrealistic. Let's be more of a support system to the women in our lives and everyone in general.
Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!