Superstitious Grandma!

'Bring my grand-child here' She bellowed
'This would definitely stop the hiccuping and blablabla'  I tuned off.
After loads of argument I was officially tired.
How does a white thread of material on the head translate to cure for anything?

There are so many myths surrounding pregnancy, childbirth and nursing a baby.
The passion with which our Mamas believe this is second to none.
I've heard of many pregnant women who claimed putting in pin their clothes does this and that.
 
That's how a lady screamed and ran to me one time when I was pregnant, telling me not to jump across a gutter. According to her I was meant to climb the slab placed over the gutters else.... 

Well, it's funny to watch our parents and how high they hold these myths but in the end, all that matters is that we are all healthy right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!