To our heroes!

'Mummy, Mummy, I want to be a soldier! D exclaimed in high pitch, with all forms of joy radiating all over him.

Ha! Soldier? He chose to be a soldier for his school career day. When did that kind of rough play start?
Yes, hubby and I decided not to interfer in the kids choice of career but this one?
Na, it's definitely nothing but a suicide mission in Nigeria to become a soldier.

A friend's husband, a military personnel,was kidnapped in the N.D.A (Nigerian Defense Academy) and a Ransome of 200million was demanded by the bandits before he'd be released,
My neighbour's son was killed as well by bandits.

Pletorial of cases and videos exist, showing our soldiers suffering undue hardships, kidnapped, killed, maimed and more.
All these fora countries where the leaders don't blink even as people die on a diaily, the armed forces are not armed! They get next to nothing for all their services and sacrifices and then, we don't equip them,  so basically, they're sitting ducks picked on by every and any one.

These soldiers are our fathers, brothers, sisters, mother's, friends, family, husband, wife...

Just these little thought and I said to my son
' You're already a soldier my dear, a soldier of the cross.

To all the heroes out there giving their all and even paying the ultimate price, we salute you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!