Fast and Pray; No be die be that?

'One more prayer point, one more. This time around you're going to scream it like thunder. Let the devil hear your voice, let heaven hear your shout, cry aloud with all your might...'

As I watched Brother Tunde marshal out prayer point after prayer point and the unmatched energy with which he powered through the prayer section, I couldn't help but be amazed. Jumping, shouting, shaking and almost throwing backflips.
Seeing him and how prayerfully he prayed, I was challenged to be stronger in the prayers and in my faith.

The church was on a 30days prayer and fasting. The fast had been quite challenging so far. For the past 15days, I could barely wait for the stroke of 12 pm so I could rush to the restaurant as I literally would be shaking.
So I couldn't imagine fasting 6am-6pm and be so energized to be screaming all through a two hours prayer.
Well, I decided to greet Brother Tunde after prayers and ask what his secret was.
Exchanging pleasantries as I got to him and as he gave me this wide grin, I saw it!
 Nahhhhhh, not possible, no no no.
It can't be!
I looked carefully again as he talked to me and indeed my suspicion was right.
Brother Tunde had vegetables sticking out his teeth! Couldn't believe it as he has been the one leading everyone and shouting every time we came to pray.
And here I had been, like some half believer, feeling evil for breaking my fast by 12pm.

See ehhhhhhh no dey believe all these people wey dey ginger for church because before you even baff finish, they fit done finish one plate of food with extra sef. 
Dearie, just follow God with all your heart because he rewards those that diligently seek him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!