The sacrifices of a mother!

Dressing up to go for a friend's wedding and hubby had already asked me too many times within an hour what time I'd be returning home.

Growing up, I had always wondered why women stay home and never or barely go anywhere.
My Dad did and still does travel allllooooot but I grew up to see my Mum always home.
If she'd travel it would be with the whole family during the festivities, with my Dad and then alone in exceptional cases which one could count.

If for whatever reason Mum was to embark on any journey alone, it would've been planned for months, sometimes the trip ends up been cancelled.
Now, as a mother, I know better.
Can't remember when I last took off from home without a million thoughts and considerations.

Women stay home not because they can't travel around but in this world of parenting, one has to be present to serve as anchor for the family. 90% of the time it's mothers who take of this role. The sacrifices of fathers cannot be said to be less weighty but in here, many women end up loosing themselves, their careers, dreams, passions and all just to keep the home good and running.
So today wherever you see any mother, give her a big thank you hug.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!