Do it!

Writing with so much excitement as I just completed a task I thought was impossible.
Well, it's braiding my daughter's hair. I do try to fix it sometimes for her but never tried out something serious.
Given how cranky she gets whenever she's making her hair, every salon appointment is always a nightmare for me.

Today, after washing her hair, I thought to myself, why not make her hair yourself.
It wasn't the usual quick fix and I was wondering how we'd get through because the minute I started making it, she was began crying and wouldn't sit still. I encouraged myself and got on with it.

Hours past and it looked like we were just getting by but then like the proverb, slow and steady wins the race. We crawled, cried, took breaks but we finally got it done and my joy knew no bounds.
First I was saved of the inconvenience of a salon, then the amount I would've spent making the hair and then lastly my confidence was boosted and I discovered I could do it if I set my heart to it.

Same is applicable to everything around us. We can achieve whatever we set our minds on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!