Midnight crew

Ohhhhhhhhh peaceful night!
Beautiful night!
With the night comes peace, calmness, solitude and more.

As a parent, after having a day of refereeing, screaming and exhaustion, the minute the kids fall asleep is like a golden moment of sanity.

Most times after successfully putting the kids to bed, the relative peace and quiet becomes a strong allure, such that majority of the time I choose this quiet time over sleep.
Knowing fully well that I have very few hours to sleep, I still choose my quiet time.

For a good part of these alone times, I get carried away only to realize that I've got about an hour or two to sleep before waking up to prepare breakfast, lunch and the kids for the new day. After getting them sorted and concluding with the school run, it's almost like I'm a walking zombie as all the sleep I'd have missed would come rushing back in strong demands. 

Sleep deprivation or not, I'm already looking forward to my peaceful alone time.
That's the little treat I owe myself to keep me sane through this journey of motherhood.

Thumbs up to every parent dealing with toddlers right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!