Little Darlings.


It had been a long and hectic day, all I wanted was to shower, eat and sleep.
Walked into the house to find everywhere upside down!
The kids had made a big mess of everything. I literally had tears in my eyes but the minute the kids saw me, they started singing and clapping;
'Mummy Mummy mummy, 
Mummy is my Angel, 
who takes care of me'...
How could I not smile?

My Mum would always tell me the story of how she came into the bedroom after taking a break from the laundry she was doing, to find an almost one year old me sitting in the middle of the bed having a white bedspread with the pot of ogbonno soup she made, all soiled.
I stretched out my hands to be carried when I saw her, giggling and all happy.

How about my almost three year old son telling me 'mummy, I'm cooking for you' when I stepped into the kitchen to find him turning detergent into my boiling pot of stock I was waiting to get ready so I'd make soup for hubby.

Kids have a way of getting to the heart of parents whenever they mess up, such that you won't be able to whoop them.
Most times you end up smiling or just quietly go about cleaning any mess they've made.
Recently my kids take to hugging me, and 5hen proceeding to say 'Mummy hug hug, I'm sorry. I love you. Kiss kiss mmmuaaahhhh'.

Your turn!
How have the little angels got you!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!