We don't discriminate, we just don't like you.

We talk about racism and throw stones while shouting and crying but today I met a situation that still has got me thinking.

What do parents want for or from their children?
Parents will say All THESE THINGS DON'T MATTER but wait until you're ready to settle down.

When my hubby went to ask for my hand in marriage, my Uncle's insisted that hubby must buy two cows or else no wedding.
Today I spoke with a lady whom a guy I know was truly in love with and was ready to settle down. Parents rejected him but accepted a guy who they weren't sure of his status yet citing that they didn't like the city he was living in, or how busy his work schedule is and some more flimpsy reasons without care as to the happiness and protection of the future of their daughter.

Most parents live vicariously through their children.
My Mummy doesn't like this.
My Daddy said ABC ...
A friend recently filed for divorce because his wife left due to serious parental interference.

Is it about what the parents want?
What Uncles and Aunties have decided?
What friends perceive?
How about the 19 years old whose parents hurriedly married off because she was in final year and according to them, they didn't want her eyes to tear and she'd become wayward.
Tomorrow these children will sit and curse their families for the crazy interference in their lives.

We say we love everyone but when the chips are down the ugly head of the funny things we believe begins to show.
God help us lead our children right as parents.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!