Mummy the hottest!

It was indeed a fun outing.
Of course it's been one thing or the other. There always was a reason why it wasn't convenient for me to go hang out.
This time it was a family outing. Everyone insisted on it and so here we are.

You know how it is with our generation. You go out to mix and meet friends but end up pressing your phone throughout.
That was the setting when my younger brother leaned over to show me a throwback picture of myself. A slay Queen, all dolled up, dressed and sparkling, perfectly put together with nothing out of place.
That was the Chi-Chi I had in mind when I was saying 'i do'.

Fast-forward to few years down the line.
You're no more dressing to kill but to be comfortable
You're no more the classy bad bitch, you're just that overworked mother juggling things
And if business comes down the line, it's not from me.

All them 6inches heels, crazy lashes, fixed pointed nails...
Turns into another person taking the kids for tutorial, turns into appreciating just your natural lashes, turns into baggy wears, Crocs or flipflops or some sneakers.

There's a mutual friend my sister's friend who stops at nothing to talk about how excellent she'd be looking after her kids, how perfectly organized home, career and so on.
Well, she's got a son now and can never forget all the paparazzi people put up cos the real mother are somewhere with messy ponytails and loofers watching their kids like hawk and shouting out their heart.
Like it or not, having kids makes us shed many things that would benefit us but for time.
Asta la Vista


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!