Showers of blessing!

I kept praying in my heart
'God  help me oh, God help me'
Of course other people were obviously calling on God for help as well cos I got to the bus stop to find so many people waiting for cab as well.

The hustle wasn't a joke. 
The sky kept roaring fiercely, announcing how heavy it was going to offload any minute.
Rumbling, lightning, thunder 
How fast could I walk given I was on my work shoe?
And this had to be the day I wasn't with a palm slippers in my handbag.

The heavens couldn't hold the rain and in the twinkle of an eye I was drenched.
The able Barrister, decked up in her black suit, corporate shoe, briefcase in hand, all looking game ready, only to be baptized .

I was still battling with the heavens when a car drove past me and gave me another special kind of baptism, this time from the potholes on the road.
How I wept!
Fine girl no pimples but here I was collecting baptism left, right and centre.

Well, here I was several years later just done with an appointment when the rains came.
I simply walked into my car and drove off.
Whenever I'm driving in the rain and get the flashback from that day some years ago, I just smile for the showers of blessing because the baptism from that car helped solidify my decision to strive harder.

What encounter did you have that made you double on your decision to succeed?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!