Why does evil news thrive the most?

Why do people derive joy in hearing about the misfortune of others?
Why does negativity spread faster?
Before it's even done happening the supposed 'bad news' is everywhere.
Tongues wagging, neighbours laughing, friends rejoicing, fellow church, mosque or club members gossiping but pretend to show care or concern the minute they see you.

Today, we were greeted with the news of the separation of a Nigerian Actor Bolanle Ninalowo from his wife. He was barely done posting when blogs began carrying the news and that's what's been basically everywhere all day as though they had been waiting for this, with videos and pictures of the couple flying everywhere.

A Lady told me of the raw and negative comments people threw at her because she was all lovey dovey with her hubby while shopping.

I've had my fair share as well.
Hubby and I go practically everywhere when we're together.
The ones who assume we're newly Weds, to the ones who call hubby stingy when we go to the market, down to the ones who whisper 'all these will soon end' while their eyes are throwing daggers at us.
One time, some men in church confronted hubby that he was spoiling me too much.

News of happy homes, news of progress, news of achievements don't take to the media this way.
Hubby and I have even had so called friends speaking I'll about us without knowing we'd hear.
So let's all keep praying, that we won't be the topic for people's laughter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!