A happy Sunday!

Mummy Sandra has been a wonderful neighbour. Jovial, soft spoken and always wearing a warm smile.
So when she invited me to be her guest in her church for her child dedication, I didn't hesitate to honour it.

As a sweet 16, I put on my gele for the pari, land inside church and ushers directed me to a section to sit.
My people, it looked like they were selecting people who say in that section oh.
Men of timber and caliber, men looking like balanced accounts in pounds and dollars.
Skin like milk, voice like music, everything soft.

I should've known this was a setup oh.
Time for dedication and this section of people were making it rain. 
I just saw purses opening anyhow everywhere, bundles on bundles.
Ahhhhhhh Oluwa ohhhh, how did I manage to find myself here na?
People I'm here writing from a place of 'God abeg' because I've been covering with big girls dance since and it's looking like it's only my purse that is still closed.

The way they're using style to look at me.
I feel targeted oh
Abi this usher people just decided to show me shege?
Or did I present myself like an Odogwu?
Must be some kind of setup or they judged the book by the cover? because...
Well, this is the real ' lead us not into temptation ' cos the 5k inside my purse is what I'm supposed to use to buy something for one customer oh.
But just in case you hear I'm somewhere in detention, you already know why.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!