The thing called maturity!

Maturity has taught one alot.
It's maturity that makes one keep a straight face, nod in agreement to whatever is said, or say nothing completely.

Was with an aunty's party today and as the conversation progressed, some persons around kept saying so many wonderful things about themselves, maybe to make people believe they had attained some form of societal class or influence.

It's all laughable, watching people lie
Or try to impose their opinions on you.
How about those who try to control what you do?
The younger version of myself always wanted to know what and why and how.
I wanted to reason it out or talk it out and if I wasn't comfortable, I debated it.
Maturity has however made me realize not every conversation is worth that energy or effort. 
Simply nodding and smiling can save you two hours of trying to prove a point.

You also don't go about saying everything you hear, see or know.
So when the lies start flying to inflate their ego or for whatever reason, you also smile.
And if it's ever so deserving, then you speak.
A man who intends to go far doesn't respond to every jab thrown at him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!