What's going on?

Seeing this picture above opened up a sad memory.
A clergy friend of my Dad was peacefully sleeping in his house with his family when this unknown gun men stormed his house and just like that, him, his wife and two kids were kidnapped.
They began demanding crazy ransom, running into good millions.
First the husband was released, to go find more money for the release of the others, then his wife came next(she ended in the hospital), and then one child. After payment of the ransom for the last child, they got a call from the leader of the gang saying their son was no longer going to be released as he the leader has adopted him. It's going to be a year in a matter of weeks and till date we haven't heard about that boy, a 200level university student. Can you begin to imagine the trauma?

Today, it's another family kidnapped from their home and ransom demanded. After releasing the father to go look for money, you kill one of the kidnapped daughter, a 400level student and dump her corpse on the road in the name that he didn't meet the deadline.
How much pain and sorrow is this family passing through?

A woman shared her story of how she got a call from some strange number and it was her husband, telling her he was kidnapped, ransom demanded, next thing they sent her a message that they had killed him.

Where is the Nigeria going?
One major thing I'm thankful for about my husband and I relocating abroad with our kids is this insecurity.
How can we raise our kids without fear?
How can we build our homes with peace of mind?
I never knew how deeply ingrained this traumatic thought had sunk into me until one night hubby was trying to quietly come into our room without the light on.
I almost screamed down the heavens in fear of kidnappers.

My heart is so heavy and right now all I can do is pray for families whose loved ones have been kidnapped and are somewhere with their hearts in their hands hoping for a miracle, that they get the miraculous release they all seek. Also, I'm calling on our leaders to put an end to this fast growing monster. Turning a blind eye to it because they don't feel directly affected is a joke because one day, this monster will grow to feast on them who have raised it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!