Parenting in the abroad 101.

Help me ask these children of mine why dey won land me for trouble.
My daughter's favorite videos now are of her pretending to cry and saying 'mummy is angry with me, mummy beat me'.
How? Inside oyibo country?

These days I think kids study the environment to know that if they throw tantrum at certain places, their parents would be forced to give in to their wants.
That's how we went shopping. Inside the mall, there were so several kinds of games and all for kids.
My kids have had fun, hubby had gotten them loads and loads of goodies, only for this kids to start screaming and crying so loud that they wanted to ride electric car and horse.
You need to see how big the shopping complex is to understand the level of embarrassment.
Hubby was frustrated and it was so visible.
As African mother that I am, I gave our shopping bags to hubby, backed the younger child and held the older one and become automatically deaf.
That's how we escaped. When they saw their screaming didn't work, the eventually kept quiet.

How about the day we went grocery shopping and small oga went and lifted one of the biggest toy in the mall.
I told him we needed to buy a bag to put the toy inside and that's how we escaped the meltdown that day.
Oyibo people will just be looking as though you're pressing your child's neck, meanwhile the child is crying for no reason oh. What of those who'd go out of their way to call the cops?

Ever had your child display crazy tantrum?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!