silence

I've learnt to guard my tongue and watch my words
I've learnt to be stay silent e en when I have so much to say
I've learnt to wait, to listen, to be patient before I speak
It's not so much in the speaking
Wisdom is not necessarily found in the mouth of the first person who speaks.

I always had something to say
I always wanted to prove points
I liked the argument
Then I began to see
The hurt that can come out from saying words you weren't sure of
The hurt of drawing conclusions only to find that they were wrong

The words you speak can never be returned back
Maturity helps you filter what you say
Maturity helps you know know how and when to say them
Maturity teaches you that silence is really golden.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!