PARENTING BUT WATCHFUL!

It was dinner time again,I served the kids their food in a singular plate and called them to eat. 
Then the drama began...
I had to keep talking and talking to get them to take few spoons. We kept at the argument and all until hubby walked in and saw the chaos of a dinner.
He quietly took the plate and served the kids separately then asked then to eat and just like magic, they dove into their meal as I stood watching amazed.

Thing is I grew up in a home where we shared everything save for our inner wears 🤣
In a way, it helped my siblings and I develop strong bonds and I wanted to replicate the same with our two kids so I intentionally want them to eat or wear or do about everything together.

However, this incident was an eye opener to me.
Yes, as a parent I had my reasons but I began to see that I had long overlooked the individuality of the kids and did a mental retracing of my steps.

We as parents should also see these differences in our kids.
Sometimes because of the ideas we have,we want to box them in or get them to do things in a certain way therefore boxing them in and preventing their personal growth.
I hope you retrace your steps like me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!