POSITIVE!!!

In the few months gone by, I was gradually loosing it
The pregnancy test came out negative again
What's wrong with me?
With the bathroom door firmly locked, I let the tears rain down in torrents.
Maybe if it feel harder my soul would be purged of this torment
This had become my routine lately
I was running through pregnancy kits like a maniac 
There was no sensible explanation, i still showed up everywhere with a smile

And in that moment I understood 
I understood perfectly
I understood the pains of the couples trying for years without conceiving 
I understood the pains of doing a thing severally and yet failing at it
Giving it a hundred and getting zero
I understood those tears of resignation where you ask God 'Please help me'
When it's dark
When you're alone
When that facade falls and you're staring at you
Haven given life your everything yet nothing
Beeeeepppppp, beeeeepppppp
The sound of your hope dying
You never know what your neighbour is going through 
So next time, before you ask that lady
'Which Saturday we go come chop rice na?' or 'When una go born?'
Before you tell that graduate ' You never still get work, you sure say you go school so?'
Or that student 'Your own school no dey finish?'
Think it over twice, they just might be giving life their best

If those words won't speak positives, don't let them leave your lips
We already had a son, hubby always wanted just one child, but I wanted more
Oh how I hid my feelings so well until he caught on and had 'the talk' with me

Today we are blessed with two beautiful kids but I've tasted what it means to try, try and keep trying at something without positive results
 so now whenever I think of anyone I pray, pray and won't stop praying.

BE THAT CHANNEL OF HAPPINESS 
BE THAT CHANNEL OF HOPE
IN WHATEVER YOU DO, SPEAK POSITIVE!!!


Comments

  1. I won't comment on this one for now... Except that if its not a word of encouragement it won't come out of my lips.

    We really may not fully comprehend what people are going through after giving their best shot. The best we can do is to be a pillar of hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The urge to quit, become depressed or suicidal is on the high.

      Kindness, in words and actions cannot be overrated today.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!