Walking in their footsteps

This birthday bash couldn't have gone any better.
My colleagu's birthday party was a blast.
The music was so on point, MC, decorations, everybody slaying and most of all, there was no shortage of what to eat and drink.
We served ourselves and ate to our hearts content and then like a lightbulb my brain went into overdrive.

By the time I was getting home I came back loaded with enough goodness.
Hubby stood with his mouth agape wondering how the goodies were just coming out of my takeaway bag.
From different kinds of food, to small chops, wine, can drinks and not to forget meat in abundance.
Hubby couldn't help himself as he burst out laughing and in his words 'After all your packaging, how did you manage to carry all these?'

I used to laugh at my Mum as I felt it was embarrassing going to parties and she'd be taking food away and drinks away.
I made jest of her so many times to count but then, few years down the line I find myself doing the exact same thing.
The minute I'm served my meal, my brain begins to whisper 'Hubby would love this moi-moi, and D? Ahhhhhhh definitely peppered meat. My girl?  Plenty of cake'.
And just like that, I end up taking things home.
This parenting life ehhhhhh!!!
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

What character traits did you find funny about your parents that you're exhibiting now?
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!