HAPPY FATHERS DAY!

It's father's day and I've got too many memories
Too many things to say about my father's love and presence in my life and my siblings
Protection
Discipline
Leadership
Guidance
Instructions

Ohhhh myyyyyyyy was my father big on discipline or what?
We didn't dare misbehave 
And if for any reason someone says 'I'm gonna tell your Dad what you did' that was enough to reset our brains

Oh yes, we turned out right
But sometimes we murmur about one or two things we believe daddy didn't do right but then, he brought us up as lovingly as he knew best to do and for that, today we thank him.

There's no manual to parenting
Some have zero presence of their fathers in their lives
Others have abusive fathers
While some never got the chance to know their fathers

Today in the little ways that fathers have shown up, we choose to celebrate them and we see, acknowledge and appreciate all your sacrifices 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Happie boys show!

God, abeg break my bone and leave my phone!

PEOPLE LOVE BAD NEWS!